I’ve created these pancakes to taste just like a gingerbread house but with a soft, fluffy and moreish taste - topped with ‘Cherry Vanilla Jim Jam’ and you’ve most likely gone to heaven.
- 1 Cup Wholemeal Spelt Flour
- ½ Cup Almond Meal (or Sunflower Meal if nut allergy) ** To make it GF - swap quinoa flakes (pulsed to flour) or buckwheat**
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp Ground Ginger
- ¾ Tsp Cinnamon
- ¼ Tsp Nutmeg
- ¼ Tsp Clove (can omit)
- ¼ Tsp Salt
- ¾ - 1 Cup Milk of Choice
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Powder
- Ghee or Olive Oil for Frying
1. Heat pan with oil of choice. Cook the pancakes for 2 -3 minutes, until little bubbles appear on the surface and the underside is golden. Flip pancake and cook on the other side until pancake is cooked through. REPEAT.
2. Serve topped with your favourite chrissy spreads. INSPO: ‘Cherry Vanilla Jim Jam’, pumpkin seeds, yoghurt and fresh seasonal fruit (berries, stone fruit YUM) and a drizzle of maple.
Love Lil x
If you'd like to enjoy more of Lil's meals, we would recommend purchasing her MERRY eBOOK full of delicious, nourishing meals for you to share with your family and friends.
Chrissy is such a beautiful time of year, its all about connection and enjoyment.
For me, it’s such a special time to see the people who I love enjoy eating nourishing meals that are tasty, bright and full of festive flavours! Christmas isn’t about going crazy on all the food right in front of our faces, it’s about keeping it real and pairing it back to basics - and this is what the MERRY eBOOK has in store for you. Super simple, easy, healthier options and budget friendly recipes, get your mitts on it!!
© 2021, Ember Pilates