As we start to move into the silly season, you're going to need
- 1 jar of pesto (we love a vegan pesto alternative!)
- 2 cans butter beans, drained & rinsed
- 1/2 bunch of kale
- 4 mini sweet potatoes
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- Handful pine nuts
- Salt & Pepper
1. Preheat oven, 180 degrees.
2. Wash sweet potatoes.
3. Leave sweet potatoes whole with skin on and coat the outer layer skin with a decent amount of olive oil.
4. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Place on a baking tray and roast for 1 hour
6. When the sweet potatoes are almost done, pan fry the butter beans, pesto and kale together on medium heat for 5-10minutes, until kale has wilted and is soft
7. Toast pine nuts on medium heat.
8. Remove sweet potatoes from the oven and slice down the centre, they should be soft and mushy inside.
9. Load all the toppings.
Serve and enjoy as a main meal or side dish x
© 2021, Ember Pilates